View Single Post
Old
01-28-2012, 05:35 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Cap responsibility is about not handing out stupid contracts that screw your team over down the line. Dale did that - but the Cup win was worth it.

I see a lot of people complaining on this forum about Dale ruining the cap. All I can think is whether these people are truly Blackhawk fans or not? Maybe the HF mentality of good contracts being the holy grail of hockey has taken over them and clouded their better judgement?

This is not about spending money. The Hawks spend money either way. They are spending near the cap, plus eating the contracts of Olesz and Huet outside of the NHL to a tune of 8+ million dollars this season alone.

It's about spending that money in a smart manner to ice the best possible team.

Personally I think this team is too soft to win the cup as it's currently constructed - and would like Stan to fix the flaws that he himself identified last summer. Obviously people like HossTheBoss and Sevanston disagree with me. And in the end I hope they're right - because if they are, then maybe we'll have another cup to celebrate in 5 months.
And if Hawks would have lost to FLyers? Going all in worked once ,, 99% of time it fails

And Bowman was handcuffed by cap last year and this year is handcuffed by actual costs (Rocky is eating over 9M in dead salary)

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote