View Single Post
Old
01-28-2012, 07:58 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
Martinez just needs playing time, if Mitchell goes he'll have it. Unless traded of course.

Deslauries has a better frame and just looks like a better all around player to me. The article says Hickey has improved and gotten bigger tho. He has paid his dues earning the right to be in camp longer but was still beat out by yet another defenseman drafted after him, guess we can wait and see.
I don't care where a guy was drafted. Voynov is the better D-man between him and Hickey, bar none. I think you are weighing in draft ranking for Hickey to much.

You've already said Campbell could be a darkhorse. He's older, and I'd be willing to say Hickey is superior to him.

As for Martinez, you could be right, but I think if the Kings felt that highly about him as you do, he'd be getting more playing time than this. I know Voynov is better this season, but he's been a healthy scratch much of the time. If he was as good as you claim, he should be able to bump out Voynov more often than he has.

I think, assuming they both survive until next season, you'll see a very heated battled bewteen Martinez and Hickey for a roster spot. That said, odds are pretty good at least one defenseman will be traded between now and the start of next year, and those two are high on the list to be the ones moved.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote