View Single Post
Old
01-28-2012, 11:22 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
As an analogy, tell democrats that they are too obsessed with what a destructive element of their society Fox is.
Except that what Fox does can be a lot more dangerous than what any Sport journalist could ever hope to do. I don't want to get into a political debate, but influencing one's opinion of politics, environment, etc. based on no facts, parading as news when it's really opinion is a million time more wrong and dangerous than Gagnon interviewing Cammalleri and quoting him with a little spin in La Presse the next morning. Comparing the two is beyond ridiculous. (edit: although to be fair, they are comparable in terms of style and how low they are ready to step to get attention--at least in my opinion)

Which brings me to my next point: aren't there much more important things in life to get upset about than millionaire athletes being misquoted by journalist with ill intentions?

Have we all become so obsessed with this team's lack of success that we're ready to dig that far to find a culprit?

You have a right to not like Gagnon and not "consume" the product he sells if you don't like it. But to call for a boycott?

The players are public personalities. What they live is no worse and no better than a lot of stars live through. It comes with the fame. It comes with the glory. It comes with the pay.

Last edited by Gabe84: 01-28-2012 at 11:29 PM.
Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote