Thread: Line Combos: 2012-2013 Season
View Single Post
Old
01-29-2012, 01:35 AM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyhabsfan View Post
the kovalchuk trade is so bad for NJ and Radulov still has 1 year on his entry level contract.

So he would earned way less than 5.5M
you're probably right about the Kovalchuk offer... but again, if they are in a situation where they need to move him for financial reasons (cap is one thing, 11M$ is another), i really do think there won't be a huge market for him given the costs in real dollars (his cap hit is great, but 11M$/year for next 6 years will make even the wealthiest teams cringe i would think).

if it comes down to just 3-4 teams that are in on the bidding, how hard will they go for him, and what will they be offering, who knows... as a starting point, the offer I suggested isn't exactly peanuts.

as for Radulov, this is what I thought, but I read an article somewhere suggesting that whatever team has his rights could agree to rip up his deal and sign a new one... apparently Semin/Caps reached a similar agreement when he came back to the NHL.

if Habs trade for him, and that is a possibility, i don't see them playing hardball like Nashville in terms of forcing him to play for his ELC contract salary.

if he does HAVE to play for that salary period, great!

Miller Time is online now   Reply With Quote