View Single Post
Old
01-29-2012, 09:24 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGal View Post
Ok, so I posted stuff in the lounge then someone pointed out that I was being a dumb blonde for doing so, and should have posted here! Yes, this is a much better place!

So a group of girls and I are planning a road trip down to NYC (in april), and were wondering a few things.

1) Good places to stay (hotels and area's that are best to stay in)
2) Good places to eat/drink/clubs
3) Good places to see (we won't be able to see everything, so what are top things to see, and some places that may be great to see, that I wouldn't think of).
4) Also, any advice on parking and costs? As we will be driving down, just looking for ball park costs -- not planning on actually doing any driving while there).

Any advice would be MUCH appreciated! Us nurses need a break after a year of crap at work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gluvhand View Post
Pretty much going to cost the same no matter how you come down. I guess you could get yourself to the NYS Thruway to the Tappan Zee to I-87 to the Hutchinson River Pkwy to the Whitestone or Throggs Neck Bridge into Queens. Might save a little in tolls.

To both posters between tolls, gas and parking, I would look to get to the city by train...you'll either come into Penn Station (underneath MSG) or Grand Central Station depending on the train you take based on where your coming from. As others have said staying in the city will be expensive, you could try to stay in NJ or somewhere in in NY outside of the city close to a train station to commute into the city will save you a good chunk of $.