View Single Post
Old
01-29-2012, 03:02 PM
ilovetheflyers8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
Nashville lost in a tight six-game series in the Western semi-finals, not the finals (the first series win in franchise history).

All of the sudden, everyone thinks they are a contender for the SC?

I'm not trying to nitpick--I think this is an important point. Much of the logic around not moving Suter hinges upon the assumption that Nashville can make a deep run. I just don't see it. Their forward corps is just too weak (remember--last year's success was the product, in part, of a PPG campaign by Joel Ward), and I think its unreasonable to expect that they can win 12-16 games in the playoffs.

None of this is to say that they should move Suter for nothing--but it's an awful big risk assuming that they can keep him on the basis of a deep playoff run. The only reason it makes sense, I think, is if they believe that they cannot get Weber signed long-term if they trade Suter.
I don't watch Nashville games so perhaps you are right on their ability to make it. However, as you pointed out with the possibility of losing Weber, and hurting their playoff chances I would say it might be worth it to keep him until the playoffs are over and try to re-sign him.

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote