View Single Post
Old
11-09-2003, 06:19 AM
gohabsgo2010

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Well, I thought our two best players were Kilger and Koivu on this night.

Koivu seems to have energized Zednik,as others are pointing out. Everywhere Saku was, Zed seemed to follow him. When Koivu dumped Satan, who was standing there beside him ready to come to his captain's aid? Zednik. #20 was also getting involved in a few scrums after the play, and layed the body a few times in the Neutral zone.

Kilger's goal tonight came off the right wing, don't tell me he couldn't do that on a line with Zednik and Koivu. I hope this isn't one of The Chad's(as Jay Onrait put it) seven or eight game hot streaks. If he plays like this all year, he should be a fixture on the top three lines. Kilger's versatility makes him extremely valuable to us when he is playing well. I could see him stepping in alongside Koivu, or maybe even centering Ryder and Hossa. How about a Bulis - Kilger - Ryder third line?

I would really like to see some more ice time for Hainsey. I'm not about to bash Rivet, because I know that he's still a good player, but his place is certainly not on the powerplay. In Hainsey's little ammount of PP time, he successfully carried the puck out of the zone, before dishing the puck to a forward. He looked confident at the point, and expressed desire through a nice diving play at the left point, in order to keep the puck in the zone.