Thread: Value of: David Perron to the AVS...
View Single Post
Old
01-29-2012, 06:08 PM
rumrokh
Jake the Snake Man

vCash: 500
In this case, I'm not a fan of the "ONLY OVERPAYMENT WILL GET IT DONE" kind of thing. However, also, in this case, the only players the Avalanche have that would interest the Blues are probably Stastny, Duchene, O'Reilly, and Landeskog. I think those are probably non-starters for Colorado. Maybe packages exchanged that include Perron and Stastny, but as a Blues fan, I'd rather keep Perron.

Landeskog is fantastic and I'd be willing to "overpay" from the Blues' perspective to get him, just not any of the Blues' current core players. And that is most definitely a non-starter for Colorado.

As for how the fans feel about each other, I don't think there's any real bad blood. It's mostly imagined. There are a few trolls on each side who don't come close to representing the rest of the fanbases, but that's true for basically every fanbase.
Some earnest Colorado fans are more agitated by it than they might be if the Avalanche were living up to their expectations. And some earnest Blues fans unintentionally stir things up by showing their excitement over Shattenkirk's development. The bulk of the interaction is pretty innocent, and, if anything, I think more Blues fans have come to like Colorado after the trade. As for Colorado fans, I cannot say.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote