View Single Post
Old
11-09-2003, 06:28 AM
gohabsgo2010

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Montreal - Edmonton Proposal

Don't worry, no Comrie involved here.

I'm talking about defenceman. Both the Habs and the Oilers possess and excellent, young, 24-year-old defenceman. Their names are Andrei Markov and Eric Brewer.

Neither one of them are playing particularily well, but we know that they will both be key contributers to whatever team they're on.

Markov is a better offensive defenceman than Brewer, but the latter definitely holds the physical edge over Markov.

Perhaps it's a bit early for such a "big trade", but I think that a flip of these two players would be perfect.

As for salaries, Brewer is making 2.5 million, while Markov is making 1.3. The Habs would probably pick up some salary, but I think that their owner, Gilette would be happy with that.

Maybe I haven't seen enough of Brewer to know whether this deal is sensible, but I think Markov would provide alot of offence from the Oilers backend, and Brewer would be the type of guy Gainey would like to acquire, because it would have him well on his way to building the same type of defensive core that he structured in Dallas.

Again, there's no basis for this trade. It's simply a proposal that I came up with, that I think would work for both teams.

Andrei Markov for Eric Brewer.

Thoughts from Habs fans, Oilers fans, and anyone else?