View Single Post
Old
01-30-2012, 06:20 AM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer4 View Post
I can agree for Boults and Janssen, but not for Konopka. He is 55% on his faceoffs, is on the first penalty killing unit... he's simply a tougher version of Tom Pyatt. He can skate but he has no offensive talent.
He is a liability. The guy takes more minor penalties/minute of ice time than any other player in the league. This leaves your team shorthanded, and hurts far more than it helps.

Quote:
And actually, Parros is a +2 on a team that is dying in the bottom of the western conference. It sometimes simply is a matter of conjuncture. Parros isn't good on the offense but isn't a liability on the other side. I take a George Parros (0.08pt/game) way before a Michael Blunden (0.09pt/game). I take a Jim Vandermeer, a Matt Carkner or a Deryk Engelland miles before a Alexandre Picard, a Jeff Woywitka or a Paul Mara, who all are 6-7-8th Dmen that the Canadiens had or planned to have.
Parros has been a scratch for nearly half of Anaheim's games and even when he does play is limited to under 6:00 per game due to his lack of playing ability.

I take Blunden who has proved capable of a regular shift since Cunneyworth took over every single time over that.

Quote:
Now, as for Shelley, Orr, Godard... yes they are liabilities. Unlike Brashear, Laraque (in his prime), Probert, Nilan, Thornton, Rupp, Neil, Boll...
But yet you pointed at liability type players as reasons that their clubs were, where they are in the standings? Totally ignoring the actually skilled players on those clubs.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote