View Single Post
Old
01-30-2012, 07:56 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

vCash: 500
I have no idea when Markov is coming back but this is what I remember hearing from Markov, Gauthier, HF posters during the summer:

1. Markov: something like this "I hope to be ready for opening day training camp."

2. Gauthier: "We look forward to having him back in our lineup for the start of the upcoming season." (meaning 2011 - 2012, LOL)

3. HF Poster X: Markov's recovery could be up to a year.

4. HF Poster Y: Markov is due back in November.

5. HF Poster A: Markov is due back in October.

6. HF Poster G: you don't build a defense to prepare for injuries.......(um, okay)

7. HF Poster Poll: the Habs need Gill but not Hamrlik.

8. HF Poster numerous: had Markov in the lineup to start season.

9. HF Poster Q: the Habs don't need Hamrlik but do need a replacement. (I went along with that)

10. Gauthier: silence

11. HF Poster numerous: start to pencil in Markov for next year.

12. Gauthier: silence

In summary there were a handful of posters who were adamant about either re-signing Hamrlik and / or acquiring a top 4 d-man should Markov not be ready. This isn't hindsight either - it's what some predicted could happen and it did. How Gauthier couldn't prepare for such a scenario with an injury ridden history of the Habs' D the last few years is beyond me. So right now it's taking a boatload of moves on D and playing 7 D a night to compensate for the loss of a couple of important pieces that are gone for whatever reason. This season is on Gauthier.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote