View Single Post
Old
01-30-2012, 08:42 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Umm I think your misunderstanding me. JVR was horrendous on that line, hands down. I do like what he brings on the Giroux line. That being said, go back to when he was with Couturier and Read. He was downright horrendous and you cant blame it on the rookies. They were both ppg at the time and playing tremendous hockey. You dont find it kind of funny that RIGHT when he got put on Giroux's line it went from his worst season to best? Hartnell has 2 points in his first 8 games averaging around 12-13 minutes. Giroux, had 8 points in those 8 games while playing with JVR who didnt look so good. I like Hartnell and not downplaying his season, but you cant say he be like this without playing with Giroux.

Sorry, maybe I did misunderstand what you were trying to say, but I still believe Hartnell's horrible start was just a slump. He's been through them often. He's always scored goals in bunches and then would go 10 games without one. Yet he always manages ~25 goals a year. He's a good player, and he wouldn't have sucked all year if he wasn't with Giroux.

There's no doubt that Giroux has been a great help to him, and is a big factor in his offensive output. That said, I don't believe Hartnell is the leech some people seem to think he is. I think he is a good player, who contributes a lot of minor things to the line that add up over the course of the year. He's a good player who has had his game raised by Grioux and Jagr, but he's been helpful to them as well.

Last edited by Protest: 01-30-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Protest is offline   Reply With Quote