View Single Post
Old
01-30-2012, 10:07 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Well, I do pay for tickets to games so I'm paying him indirectly. Regardless, when players sign a big contract, there are expectations from fans, media and management. Remember when Jeremy Roenick came to the Kings? The fans overwhelmingly were let down and had every right to be critical of his performance. It comes with the territory. That is why they get paid the big bucks and my fat ass doesn't.

I'm not calling him fat or lazy. I'm calling him overpaid. And he is.
Yes you do, but if you don't someone still has to pay that contract. See my point?

Back on point, I was referring to your last post, which quoted someone referring to people calling him fat and lazy and the like. You want to say he's overpaid, fine. I just don't see how we as fans get to go on a public forum and slam someone for their weight or their effort when the same wouldn't hold true if I said the same about someone else, like you for example. You'd be angry, and rightfully so. If you signed a $2 million per year contract, that doesn't give me the right to go overboard and post derogatory comments about you (regardless of whether it'd bother you or not).

I'm sorry, but I refuse to agree that the size of someone's paycheque is in direct proportion with how much ridicule and namecalling we are permitted to sling their way.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote