View Single Post
Old
01-30-2012, 10:53 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
Nice to hear positive stuff about Nashville.

I wish we could get more roadtrippers down here from other cities. Especially the snobby, non-traditional markets shouldn't exist types we have to deal with.

I never hear anyone say anything bad about us if they've been here.
Even other teams who "hate" the Preds often pencil Preds home games against their teams for a trip because they love the city. When we played Chicago two Saturdays ago, Broadway was covered before and after the game by a ton of Hawks fans. Almost everyone I ended up debating hockey / talking to was loving the city. DET fans also typically come by the busload to buy some cowboy hats and live it up. Not saying you're wrong, but I think there are a lot of other fans who do indeed roadtrip down not just for the hockey game, but also for the city.

Personally, I was born in the Northeast and have lived all over including NYC, Boston, Philly, Charlotte, etc.; after living in Nashville for 7 years between college and work, it remains without a doubt my favorite city on the planet. Even love it more than Wellington, New Zealand where I lived for a year which is saying a lot.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote