View Single Post
Old
01-30-2012, 11:50 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryb View Post
Actually Hartnell makes a lot of sense. All the players seem to like him, and he is definitely a team first guy. He'll definitely get an A but I just don't see Holmgren giving him the C. It'd be interesting to have the players vote for 3 guys that they'd like to see wear the C.
I think there might be an issue with having players vote for the captain. If you do that, then it may take away from the power and respect aspect that a captain needs to have. When upper management makes the choice or even the coaching staff, it gives that player a level of power when the other players know that this is the guy that ownership/management has chosen to lead, since part of the captains job is representing the coaches and managements wishes as a player representative in the locker room. When you have the players telling ownership/management who is their captain, I think it might lessen that sense.

Does that make sense?

I think this is why guys like pronger are good captains. He's a guy who is good in the locker room and a guy who demands and earns respect from his teammates. He's a guy who you're going to be inclined to listen to and a guy who you're going to be wary of disappointing...

Hartnell may not be that type of guy but I think he'd do a really good job at bridging the gap between older and younger players and between the players and the coaching staff/management.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote