View Single Post
Old
01-30-2012, 12:21 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
What about the guy who is arguably the best coach currently unemployed, Randy Carlyle? To my knowledge, he isn't bilingual by any stretch of the imagination.

No, he doesn't really play a defensive system (why that's a requirement is beyond me), but he's proven something that no other currently available french coach has -- the ability to win.

You have to ask yourself -- what takes priority? being bilingual to cater to the media / fans? or winning?

Like another poster mentioned, you don't hire somebody because it's convenient, you hire somebody because they are the best possible candidate for the job. Montreal has to decide whether they're in the business of politics and trying to appease the province of Quebec's every wish, or whether they're in the business of winning.

My perspective on it, the media / fans in montreal will always find something off-ice related to complain about when the team isn't winning. The best solution to appeasing the fans / media -- win hockey games.
I don't think Randy Carlyle is Scotty Bowman and I don't think that he's going to be that much better (if at all) than other options out there. I'm sorry but I just don't think this is a guy that we absolutely HAVE to have right now.

There are bilingual coaches that we can look at that can fit the bill just fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Exactly. If the Sabres fire Lindy I expect the Habs to make a huge push to get him. Of course these are high expectations given how pathetic our management is when it comes to the language issue.
See my comments above.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote