View Single Post
Old
01-30-2012, 02:55 PM
Blue Liner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Right, instead, Bowman should have traded away Kane and Sharp and kept Versteeg and Buff and Ladd and Eager..

Bowman had no choice, he had to move players. At the time, we all thought the right players were moved and looking back now, the only player I really would have wanted to keep was Ladd.. but even then, who gets shipped out instead? Hjalmarsson? Yeah.. I'd probably make that switch.. but that's hindsight and we all thought of Ladd as the perfect third liner back then, and not much more.. whereas Hjalmarsson was already a good top-4 Dman who was being compared to Lidstrom and Kronwall in Detroit.

Trading away your best offensive player, who's 23, is not an solution. We have a skilled power-forward who could be ready as soon as next year, he's in your avatar. Bowman is more patient then fans and he's also far more knowledgable in what he has with prospects. Players as talented as Kane don't come along very often.. we drafted two, big, skilled power-forwards with top-6 upside in the draft last year. Whether they pan out or not, who knows? I certainly believe they will, untill they give me a reason to question them.

You have to give the prospects a chance to show what they have before you even think about making a trade involving Patrick Kane. Right now, there's absolutely no reason to even think about making such a trade.
Bravo.

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote