View Single Post
01-30-2012, 04:02 PM
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Snake Mountain
Originally Posted by
I don't care what people say about what he did, all I know is the following are reasons why we are where we are this season and it all falls on Gauthier's shoulders:
1) Not re-signing Hamrlik (even though he wanted the third year as well) and letting him walk for nothing, he was the shutdown defenseman in Montreal for the last 4 seasons and was able to shutdown Ovechkin, Semin, Backstrom, Malkin and Crosy in 2009/2010.
2) Not having the guts to buy out, trade or send Gomez to the minors after a pathetic season last year and showing the team and hockey world that having less than 40 points in a season while make over $7,000,000.00 is acceptable.
3) Not re-inforcing the defense in October when he knew Markov would not start the season or play for at least a month or two, at that point he should of dealt a young player or draft pick for a proven defenseman that can play on the top 3 with Gorges and Subban.
Besides that, I think that Gauthier's day's in Montreal are close to done and this coming from the guy that called the Cammalleri trade a month before it happened, I think that Gauthier will be fired the week of the "post mortum" in Montreal that we have all grown custom to.
1) I agree that it sucks in hind-sight, but Markov was supposed to be ready by the start of the season and Hamrlik was getting old...
2) Like The Kremlin Wall said...
3) I realize that teams are falling all over each other to trade away top three D's in October for unproven prospects/players and/or 2nd to 7th round picks, but hum... oh wait...
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by All-Star