Thread: Is it to late?
View Single Post
Old
01-06-2006, 10:51 AM
NJDevs430

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FangFingers
...the public sessions they have are loaded with high school kids and little girls, so im a bit skittish about getting my 215lbs up to full speed and taking out a gaggle of yapping kids
They'll move...
}:-)>
Where I skate there is usually a mix of tots/adolescents/teens/adults who are just learning to.../familiar with.../pretty OK at.../pretty damn good at...skating. A lot of times, some kids will invite their friends (many of whom are only savvy to ice as a means to cool their soft drinks) to a skating party. They'll all have name tags, so you know who to watch out for.
When I was first learning, I was a wall-hugger and I happened upon a little girl in a figure skating outfit who'd paused along the wall in front of me. Too scared to venture from the wall, yet too proud to ask her to please move, I simply looked at her and said, "I bet you're a better skater than I am."
She looked up at me and said, "Yup," then ZIP! she was off to the other end of the ice.
Sometimes I still feel like a C-5 being buzzed by Cessnas out there. But I have reached the level where I can confidently get out of the way of the better skaters and at the same time avoid ploughing over the lesser ones.

NJDevs430 is offline   Reply With Quote