Thread: Prospect Info: 2011-12 Prospect Thread II
View Single Post
Old
01-30-2012, 07:04 PM
saywut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Sadly the best move with that draft was moving the original second-round pick (not the compensation for A.J. Thelen which DR moved to Anaheim and became Eric Tangradi) to Dallas with Willie Mitchell for Martin Skoula and Shawn Belle.
Really there's only one thing I have a problem with regarding the 2007 draft, and that's trading up for Colton Gillies. You don't give up #19 and #42 for #16 unless that guy's something special. Gillies wasn't that guy, and though the 2 guys that could've been(something special @ 16) never will, they had that upside. I don't care who #42 would've been, my guess would be Dana Tyrell. 19, we probably could've still got Gillies. We got a 3rd and 7th(77th and 182) for moving down 12 to 16 in 09, that's significantly less for a more significant drop-down. Desperation should never happen in a draft and it did for DR/TT in 2007.

4-7 was solid, MAB for a 3rd was fine, 2nd/rental Mitchell for 3.25 years of Skoula and a (at that time) solid prospect(former 1st round pick with all the physical tools but no box).