View Single Post
Old
11-09-2003, 08:14 AM
Oi'll say!

vCash: 500
I thought Horcoff had a good night last night for the most part, his line had some great chances but Belfour played great.

As far as the Tommy "bashing" is concerned, I've defended his occasional bad goals right from the beginning, I've been one of his strongest supporters up 'til now. The problem is that his bad goals have become a bit more frequent, and we all have the feeling that one is just around the corner all the time now.

Last night was the icing on the cake. He could have been bad in that game and still won, or at least gotten a tie. Fact is, he was brutal.

These weren't partially screened howitzers that can find their way into the net, or ping pong fluke shots, they were beach balls. Sundin's goal went in on the ahl side, ie - if you let one in on the short side you belong in the ahl. Good shot, but Sundin was out of options and took that backhander from a bad scoring angle, Salo just blew it.

It's not the end of the world for Salo, but it's time to admit that he's not playing well enough to be a starter here anymore. He should have to ride the pine and look good in a few backup appearances and maybe an occasional start before he gets back up to any serious minutes.