View Single Post
Old
01-30-2012, 11:16 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
It did not occur to me that you might be talking about their skating styles. Though to be fair, that was not clear in your previous post. I apologize for being rude.

I was talking in terms of role. Wondering whether Blunden has enough upside to eventually fill a Kosto type role - not whether the physical mechanics of his play are similar.
It's not just skating style, though. Like I said, it's about how they play the game in general, in all zones, and size/way they use it. I think I've gone on at length about all that stuff everywhere I've touched on the comparison, but no worries.

Without getting into the vague realm of "upside" too much, I could definitely see Blunden being used in the same "role" T. Kost. was. Kostopoulos played pretty well with Lapierre and Latendresse, and I think Blunden would make an even better compliment to a line like that. Kosto was also occasionally thrown onto higher lines for his work ethic/defense. I don't know about trying the same thing with Blunden at this point. I think he'd be exposed too much defensively against top line opposition compared to T.Kost, but I think he'd be able to contribute/create more offensively than he did. Feels kinda funny saying that though, as Kostopoulos was definitely the bigger scorer in the minors. Just one of those things, I guess.

I don't think there's really a big difference in their overall "calibre" to be honest, but in certain team comps I could see a bigger guy with better hands/offensive instincts and similar work ethic adding more to the bottom of the depth chart where these guys should be. Really liked T.Kost, though, and his consistency is definitely a point in his favour.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote