Thread: Value of: Marc Staal
View Single Post
Old
01-31-2012, 02:24 AM
RyanCallahan24*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
The D has been great without him for half of one season, and to be that great, Girardi and McDonagh have to play 30 minutes a game. How long do you think they can keep that up? How much do you think they'll have left when the playoffs come along? I get the impulse--the Rangers have McDonagh, Del Zotto, Staal and Erixon all on the left side. It's tempting to move one to fill a need elsewhere. At some point (ie- when Del Zotto and Erixon are capable of playing top pairing minutes consistently) that may be a move that can be made. This season is not the right time.
I agree. The best way to about this is keep Staal, sign Parise as UFA (if he becomes one, which I believe) or just give Kreider a spot next year. This way we can keep our #1 defensemen and we get a great player in Parise or we get a great prospect LW in Kreider showing up and blowing people away *knock on wood*.

Maybe we should just sign a rental LW then in the offseason go for Parise or give Kreider a spot. Would cost less and I wouldn't mind Kreider or Parise on our LW.

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote