View Single Post
Old
01-31-2012, 06:20 AM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

vCash: 500
I was of the opinion that the center position was one of our weak points especially the top two but then I looked at the stats.

DD is 24th, Pleks 29th and this is during a terrible Habs season. I know offensive stats are not the only things to look at but Pleks would probably rank in the top when it comes to defensive awareness and DD is elite when it comes playmaking skills. So I ask myself what is the real problem with the Habs?

It goes back to Gainey's brilliant decision to go small. Right now DD is insulated between Cole & Patches. Cunneyworth has to do the same thing for Pleks. He's given him Bourque on one wing he needs to give him another on the other wing. Pleks has played all season with Cammy, Gionta or some other smurf.

I really don't think the center position is a problem for the Habs if we could match our centers with players that complement them.

Actually before they fired Martin, I posted somewhere that the Habs were not that bad. All they needed was an assistant coach who could organize their powerplay. I still think that. If the Habs powerplay was in the high teens we would be looking at a top 6 team in the conference. Right now we've got the best PK, and we're 9th at 5 on 5 goals for & against. We're dead last on the powerplay.

Last edited by Habs Icing: 01-31-2012 at 06:26 AM.
Habs Icing is offline   Reply With Quote