View Single Post
Old
01-31-2012, 10:36 AM
pelts35.com

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyk16 View Post
Thanks for your reply. You've just made my point for me. Spending the entire game in your own end getting scored on repeatedly is no fun for either team. Decimating a clearly inferior team 14-0 is a classless, disrespectful move, period. These are the kind of players and teams that purposely play down a level in their league to win or score as many goals as possible to pad their stats. I would much rather lose a well played close game 3-2 than win a game easily with no effort 7-0.

Have enough class to take it a bit easy if you are up 7-0 on a clearly inferior team, and talk to your tier administrator if the teams are that imbalanced. Then move on to the next game.
It's certainly no fun for the goalies, that's for sure. In my last two games my team has been outshot 93-13 and outscored 16-3. The worst part is that I played really well in both games and still gave up 8 in each. Both games felt like 3 period penalty kills.

On the other hand, in one game the other goalie had a 4 save shutout (not a single shot was a tough save) and the other the other goalie gave up 3 on 9 shots. For that it's almost more trouble than it's worth to get to the rink and get dressed.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote