Thread: Frolov
View Single Post
Old
11-09-2003, 09:12 AM
maximil

vCash: 500
I am also a little bit disapointed with his lack of intensity and poor decision making. I think that he is the type of player who is going to take a couple of years to develop and might be the type of player who never reaches his full potential. Potentail wise he is a great asset. He's big, he can skate well and does a pretty decent job of protecting the puck with his long reach. I think that his problem is that he just needs to become a more confident and aggressive hockey player. I've watched several kings games this year and even when given the chance to make plays (like on the PP) he'll wait too long, make a poor pass and not try to use his assets to make something happen. (A good example of this would be in the first period during the Carolina game when he was in a great scoring area and lost the puck when he should have just taken a shot.) I'm optomistic, I think it is just going to take time and more experience. He isn't very old and has only been playing in the NHL for one season. This kid just needs to put it together mentally and it wouldn't hurt for him to add a little weight. As is he is an NHL hockey player, hopefully in a couple of years he can turn himself into a serious offensive threat.