jBuds
pretty damn valuable

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
i dont think the trade is a bust

i don't think Regehr is a top 4 defensemen anymore
i don't think Regehr is the "missing partner for Myers"
I don't think Regehr's leadership/veteran presence has had any impact what so ever

He was advertised as the partner Myers needed, the top 4 physical presence we were missing, the veteran leader we were missing...

He's none of those things... he's not as advertised.

He's not a bust either. We gave up Chris Butler... who cares
- I think Regehr is a top 4 defenseman - as proven this year by playing against the opposing teams' top lines and killing penalties

- I think we've now seen, after a few partners, that Myers' problems are more his own and nobody else's - therefore, unfair to evaluate anything Regehr does based on Myers alone. We see a lack of fire in Tyler, he's not playing as mean as he can, as effective offensively as he can...nothing to do with Regehr.

- How do you know that Regehr doesn't have a room full of deadbeats that don't listen to anyone else, let alone a newer guy who comes in. That's Regehr's fault? You sit here complaining about the mental makeup of guys like Roy, and whine about Stafford and Leino and other forwards, but you think someone's going to magically come in to the room and be this booming leadership-type voice that'll change the room entirely? You need to pick one. Can the roster be fixed?

I don't see how you can try to diminish Regehr when we have so many other problems, and he isn't even one of them, let alone a big, negatively impacting one.

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote