View Single Post
Old
11-09-2003, 09:34 AM
Quellet The Dogs Out

vCash: 500
Well back to the original question, in some cases it could be very quick, for instance last year with the St. Louis Blues goalie injuries;

They went through both NHL'ers, both AHL'ers, and they played Cody Rudkowsky I believe (i'm not 100% sure), who was in the ECHL at the time. He went right from the ECHL to the NHL.

It works both ways, NHL goalies can be sent to the ECHL just as easily, they just have to clear waivers. Take Arturs Irbe for instance, played 6 games in the AHL this season, went 3-3 and then they sent him to the ECHL. I saw him play for Johnstown last night against Trenton, and he looked phenomenal. He is now 6-0-0, 1.00 GAA, and like a .965 save percentage in the ECHL...he is looking good. I talked with Johnstown's assistant coach last night for a while, he sat next to me in the Press Box, he said Artie is the nicest guy ever, he said he is so pleasant, and he doesnt mind playing in the ECHL at all - he said he is a team favorite in the locker room, everyone likes him. Who knows how long he'll stay down here??