View Single Post
Old
01-06-2006, 10:30 PM
handtrick

vCash: 500
Didn't get to hear the audio, because I was watching it at a bar, but a few things stood out:

-Perrualt's defensive brain fart to let Williams get the back door was brutal.

-Fiddler's miss of the wide open upper half of the net off the crossbar during the third, and Sullivan's no call on the breakaway changed the whole complexion of the third.

-Both goaltenders played awesome games...the difference is that Detroit gets traffic in front of the goalie routinely and we rarely do.

-Give Detroit 8 powerplays and we will lose almost every time.

-Both teams played with incredible speed and effort.

-Hartnell will never be captain of this team. That penalty was completely bonehead and ridiculous...and not the first time this year. Notice how his butt rode the pine the entire 2nd half of the third after that. Kudos for Trotz for benching him.

-Weber played a good first game...nice pokecheck early...nice hit in the third.....jumped in well at the end including a nice shot in the third. No glaring mistakes that I saw.

-Erat with no shots, no blocked shots, no takeways.....I swear he is a puck hog and hate his game. Package him and Teemu Laakso while his value is at a high and get us a decent 1st/2nd line center.

-Kariya and Sully with no shots on goal in the 2nd or 3rd.....hard to win with that.

-Overall, I wasn't that dissappointed in our effort tonight....we just got beat.