View Single Post
Old
01-31-2012, 10:42 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
Ah, yes, the draft. This is my **** right here. I actually write a blog and contribute to SB Nation Philly and Bleeding Green Nation, so the next few months will be heavy with draft content from me. I put out my Senior Bowl preview on my blog last week if you want to take a look (link: http://dklausner.tumblr.com/).

As for the needs you highlighted, that looks about right. However, don't be surprised if the Eagles end up taking a DE or DT with their #1 pick, especially if a suitable LB isn't on the board. Cole will turn 30 next season, Babin turns 32 in May, Jenkins just turned 31, Patterson will be turning 29 (same with Derek Landri, who obviously should be re-signed). Antonio Dixon will be turning 27 and is coming off a torn triceps. Brandon Graham is still a wildcard, especially because of his health. The DL needs a youth and talent infusion.

Also, I'd love if the Eagles followed the example of the elite teams in the league and took a big, athletic freak TE to complement Celek and Harbor. Coby Fleener (Stanford) and Ladarius Green (Louisiana-Lafayette) are intriguing possibilities, though Green is more a WR/TE hybrid who was never really kept in-line to block in college.
Great blog and thanks for the info. The homer in me is coming out, since we're running the wide-9 I'd love for us to take a shot with my boy Vinny Curry. I just graduated with him in December at Marshall, and the kid's got a motor. Had a hell of a Senior Bowl, and runs a 4.6 at 265. Figure he'd be a good guy to add to the rotation. The thing is, I'm not sure where he'll go. Marshall guys typically drop in the draft (and end up turning out to be steals: Moss dropped, Pennington dropped, Leftwich dropped, Bradshaw was the 5th to last pick in the draft and is now starting in his 2nd super bowl). Right now he's projected as a 1-2 rounder.