View Single Post
Old
01-07-2006, 10:53 AM
vopatsrash

vCash: 500
I noticed a few shaky rookie moments, notably in a few passes that weren't sure, but he was pretty much bailed out on those and i didn't see anything horrible. And he stuck up for Vokoun. Agree with nmk on the shot. I thought his shot was impressive.

I've seen far worse debuts. As a matter of fact, I want to say one or both of Skrastins and Timonen made some huge errors in their debuts (or first weeks). I remember coming away from those early games thinking that those guys seem to be at a higher skill level than the Hewards, Vopats, Rakes, and Mores of the world, but we were going to have to endure their rookieness at the same time.

Imo, the only way Weber sticks for the rest of the year is if Zidlicky's injury is much worse than they're saying, someone else gets hurt, or they trade a Zidlicky or Eaton in a package for a center and Weber is used as a cheaper payroll option. I don't think they get rid of Allison and have Zids, Timonen, Suter, Hamhuis, Eaton, and Markov and use Weber as the #7 d-man over getting quality Milwaukee minutes.