View Single Post
Old
02-01-2012, 01:27 AM
Amateur Hour

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Great blog and thanks for the info. The homer in me is coming out, since we're running the wide-9 I'd love for us to take a shot with my boy Vinny Curry. I just graduated with him in December at Marshall, and the kid's got a motor. Had a hell of a Senior Bowl, and runs a 4.6 at 265. Figure he'd be a good guy to add to the rotation. The thing is, I'm not sure where he'll go. Marshall guys typically drop in the draft (and end up turning out to be steals: Moss dropped, Pennington dropped, Leftwich dropped, Bradshaw was the 5th to last pick in the draft and is now starting in his 2nd super bowl). Right now he's projected as a 1-2 rounder.
A Marshall guy, eh? I've known about Curry for a while -- mainly because I liked Mario Harvey a lot last season, but it appears he's not an NFL player. I'm a fan of Curry's game and think he's going to be a good pro. The guy from Marshall who really intrigues me, at least from the games I've been able to watch, is free safety Omar Brown. Strikes me as a big time sleeper. I don't see him on too many draft sites and he's barely even mentioned in general, but I really liked what I saw of him (great ball skills, impressive tackler for the position). What's your opinion?