View Single Post
Old
02-01-2012, 12:53 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
A Marshall guy, eh? I've known about Curry for a while -- mainly because I liked Mario Harvey a lot last season, but it appears he's not an NFL player. I'm a fan of Curry's game and think he's going to be a good pro. The guy from Marshall who really intrigues me, at least from the games I've been able to watch, is free safety Omar Brown. Strikes me as a big time sleeper. I don't see him on too many draft sites and he's barely even mentioned in general, but I really liked what I saw of him (great ball skills, impressive tackler for the position). What's your opinion?
I agree, he stepped up the last couple seasons and played well. Led our squad in tackles. Not great at anything, but solid through and through. A good leader too. We had an ugly moment at the end of our bowl game where one of our young DLs took a swing at a prone OL on the ground after the final whistle, and Omar was the first guy there to pull him away. He gets it.

And I was waiting for Mario to go last season. Kid can play. Had a couple classes with him, he's a really down to earth guy. Really pretty short, so I wasn't sure he could be an ILB in the pros, but he can move very well, and put on some muscle, up to 257. The Colts signed him last week to a 3 year deal because he's been busting his ass after the Steelers cut him.