View Single Post
Old
11-09-2003, 11:10 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Double
I know you love Hemsky like a fat kid loves twinkies but come on man. Hemsky is a honest kid and he admits when he needs to work on things, look at how much his D had seemingly improved at the beginning of the year. I think he will come out fired up in the next game he dresses.

On to a couple of other things. Hemsky is not the *leader* of this team, he may have the most points but he doesn't lead the team on the ice, and in fact he is more of a perimeter player this year than he was at the end of last year. I'm in no way ripping the kid, just pointing a few things that have gone by without being commented on. Like i said before, i know you and your borther? i guess it is or maybe frirned have a passionate disposition towards young Ales but at times subjectivity is needed.

Furthermore, i'm all for Horcoff seeing the pine...who exactly is going to replace him at C even on the 4th line? Isbister? Hemsky? nope, neither of those guys play C. C is a position we are very thin at, especially with Stoll being Ill, that leaves us with...Smyth,York, Reasoner, Sarno, Horcoff. If Isbister can't go and you bring Hemsky in, then what are you going to do, especially if Reasoner has to sit or rest because of the events tonight? We just don't have the options at this point to bench horcoff...I agree he looks very lame out there, as if his summer weight lifting might have hurt his speed and agility,...if he had any to begin with...Lowetide?

In Addition, Laraque should definitely not have been playing, he was wasting someone's ice-time.
Hey, if you want to call my opinion unobjective then w/e that's your deal, but what about the other posters on the board that have been saying last night was a bad decision? Where's their flak? I'm gonna analyze this situation more than most because that's just what I do, with any player, and I guess that comes with a certain amount of rocks flying at your head. Ah well, not like I'm not used to it

He's the points leader, that's all my comment was put towards. Not sure why you'd twist it.

I happen to think it's quite subjective to have the opinion that sitting Hemsky was a bad plan for the team as opposed to someone else, and have debated the effects this would have on him.

4th line center isn't exactly a huge priority. If you have to play a winger on the 4th line at center as opposed to sitting your current 1st line winger, I think it's pretty obvious which is more important to winning the game.

I don't pretend to know what's going to happen in NY, but I think Toronto could've been a really large game, and the proper message had already been sent, and MacT simply wasted that.

Totally agree on Laraque, I'm not sure why they rushed him in, and when the coach merely says "I wanted to see him play" without qualifying it, you've really gotta wonder what he's thinkin about exactly.

Ty, you've got your shot, take it.