View Single Post
Old
02-01-2012, 09:45 AM
gillyguzzler

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymo View Post
Realistically, Ryan Suter wants to go to a winning team. Unless we really open the vaults (which we can't, given our cap jam) we don't have an opportunity to go acquire any big guns via the free agent market. With that said, I think Jeff Carter is the guy Montreal should try to get. The Carter-Nash experiment hasn't produced the results the Colombus brass really wanted (I know Carter is injured, but these two shoot-first players haven't produced the chemistry that everyone expected.) Tomas Plekanec in a package deal could get Carter in Montreal (Carter + 5th for Plek + CGY's 2nd 2013 + 4th 2012). At 6"4, Carter is that big center Montreal needs to move forward.
Then again, he may not be on the market...
With his bad season and his terrible contract, Carter is apparently available and the asking price is reasonable.

A year ago, everyone was in love with the idea of Carter centering our first line. Yes, he's had a bad year (as has everyone in Columbus) and he's been injured. But he's still young, big and skilled. I have no idea about his off-ice issues or his leadership skills, but I agree with you that he should be a trade acquisition for Montreal.

Plek + might do it. What's the + however?

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote