View Single Post
Old
02-01-2012, 10:12 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
People, drop the Kesler trades. The cost would be astronomical to the point of hurting us more than helping. You want him, then it starts at Plekanec, Pacioretty and Subban otherwise Vancouver does not even entertain the idea. Frankly, they are still liable to refuse. Kesler is virtually as untouchable as you can get.

We are not acquiring elite players, and essentially not a center of that caliber, without an overpayment, thus defeating the point of a rebuild/retool. You acquire these players through young prospects who haven't proven anything; Hodgson for example, or via the draft. Signing a plethora of UFAs or making mediocre trades will produce the same results we've had for nearly two decades. We tried a band-aid solution after the Koivu era an it blew up in our face now. Can we do it right this time?
Plekanec pacioretty and subban to START. Hmmm. I realize Kesler is important but he's like mike Richards, who did not get that return himself. I agree with you that it's generously optimistic to pry him from vancouver. However, I think it's very pessismtic to suggest such a package wouldn't garner their interest over the summer.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote