View Single Post
Old
01-07-2006, 04:09 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley
Pretty much. The kid just turned 21 years old. Therien plays an entirely different position, and Brashear is a wing on a different line. BCF has to know this.
Of course I know Therien plays defense and Brash is a wing on a different line. All what I'm saying is that Hitch finds ways to give those guys ice time. And usually he gives those guys ice time by cutting someone else's ice time.

Fact of the matter is that I can sit here and get into a p-issing war with everyone over whether or not Hitch is doing the right thing by Carter and half will agree and half will disagree.

All what I've stated is that Hitch can find ways to give players ice time. If he can find ways to give ice time to guys like Brashear and Therien and so on and so forth, why can he not find ice time for someone like Carter. Hell, RJ Umberger gets more ice time than Carter. Branko gets more ice time than Carter. Even Brian "I'm as usefull as t1ts on a bull" Savage gets more ice time.

And that's what will always burn me - young players on this team will always continue to get the shaft as long as Hitch is running the show. Has Hitch ever rewarded Carter with more ice time when he's played well? Nope. Has Hitch ever cut Carter's time when he hasn't played well? Yep.

So, that being the case, what would it hurt cutting someone like Savage's ice time by three to four minutes a game and instead, use that ice time and give prolonged play to guys like Carter and Umberger? That's what I'm throwing out there. If it's being said that Carter and Umberger are the future, why not let them grow a bit and let them play through their mistakes? Heaven forbid they might make a mistake. I mean, it can't be any worse than someone like Savage or Brashear making mistakes, right?