View Single Post
Old
02-01-2012, 02:42 PM
RandV
It's a wolf

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckHogs29 View Post
There's definitely a right way and a wrong way. I've been on the end of blowouts in higher divisions where a team had some former older minor pro guys, had been playing for years and they were so good positionally and knew each other so well that they just scored goals from being really good fundamentally. They'd beat some teams 8-0 or 9-3 by finding open seams, being in the right place, taking care of their own zone and just playing great hockey.

I've also been on the end of blowouts where the team had guys that clearly didn't belong in that division, and no matter how many goals they scored those guys were still hot dogging and whooping it up. Passing between their legs, dangling through 3 or 4 guys and then making 4 moves on the goalie and then acting like they were about to win a playoff series because they beat an average D5 team when they're D1 players.

Now guess which team got more respect at their respective rinks?
That's a very good point, there needs to be a clear distinction made between the team being that much better, and having a few individual players playing above their level and running up the score. Everything I've said has been about the former group.

RandV is offline   Reply With Quote