View Single Post
Old
02-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Picaroon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
I wouldn't go that far. Do you have any idea how bad it is for a player to not score a goal in a ****ing year long.. or something like 55 games? And we are not talking about goon that plays 4-6 minutes a game, we are talking about a guy that plays around 18 min a game, on the top 6, never skips a PP cannot put the puck in the net for 56 games. That is close to 1000 straight minutes of ice-time without a goal.

And in those 56 games, he had only 22 assists. So the theory that he's not supposed to score because he's a playmaker, it doesn't work either.
Maybe so. But i refuse to believe Gomez is feeling good about all of this. He does show effort on the ice. He just sucks. Plain and simple.

But its pretty immature to make fun of the guy for it. It sure doesn't live up to the image of our fan base as the most "knowledgeable" hockey fans around.

I'm definitely not a Gomez fan. I want him out. No doubt. But I blame our cheapskate owner, ball-less GM and incompetent coaching just as much as I blame Gomez. They have all played an equal part in creating this situation.

Picaroon is offline   Reply With Quote