Thread: Easton se16
View Single Post
Old
02-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Hockeymac18

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Hockeymac, first of all, thanks for using an old thread, it gets less cluttered this way!

Second of all, we do ship, but I'm not sure to California. Check out our main site to be sure though : http://www.sportchek.ca/home/index.jsp

Thirdly, good news! There's a new Easton stick (series) called the Mako coming out in late spring that's replacing the EQ line. I've heard from several professional sources that the feel of the Mako is comparable to a lighter version of the SE16. If you can wait, please do. If you can't, there's always pro stock, but just make sure it's an SE16, painted or otherwise.
Thanks for the great info! I looked at your site, but unfortunately there are no more SE16's 1-piece or 2-piece shaft/blades left. I also looked at some pro stock sites on the internet (HockeyMonkey and pro stock hockey gear), but didn't find any SE16's or any SE16's painted as EQ50's in the blade/flex combos I was looking for (sakic/hull 85 flex, always seems ridiculously hard to find, I presume because it's popular?).

Anyway, I'm going to probably just stick with the Warrior I've been using. It isn't 100% perfect, but it's pretty close (and way better than the EQ50 for me). I previously tired the Easton Stealth line, and never quite liked the feel of those sticks (something to do with kickpoint, I think), so I don't think I'd like the RS sticks (and they're quite expensive to just "try out").

I asked Jarick this, too...but, do you know much about the Mako? Is it going to be more akin to the SE16? Or are they going a completely different route?

Hockeymac18 is offline   Reply With Quote