Thread: Artem Anisimov
View Single Post
Old
02-01-2012, 03:42 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Not going to say I'm enamored with his play this season, but let's look at the facts:

- Anisimov is a center, and his strongest qualities are in the defensive facets of the game. He's spent most of the season playing out of position, and in a role where he's had to turn his game upside down.

- This team still is an average offensive team. Awful PP, and the team's inability to establish any kind of consistency in the offensive zone is becoming more apparent as the season moves along. As disappointing as Artie may be offensively, isn't the same true for virtually the entire team? Aside from Gaborik and Callahan, and I guess Hagelin, who is putting up the kind of numbers offensively that leave you satisfied? Stepan has played better than Artie, especially offensively, but at the end of the day, he only has 9 more points. Artie doesn't see PP time, either. The team still has gaping holes in the lineup, and as a result, most of the forwards on the team are not really playing the role they should be. You can make the same thread about Dubinsky, as many have already pointed out. I don't see any reason why one deserves any more blame than the other. Each had a run of games where they put up some points, but they've both been largely ineffective for the duration of the season.

- Unless you are talking about a package deal where they bring in a massive upgrade, what would be the point in dealing him? Who are you going to get in return that is of more use to the club this season?

I've been saying for weeks now, why is Artie not centering a line with Hagelin? Their defensive prowess alone would result in offensive chances VIA transition, and Hagelin's speed could really create opportunites for Anisimov that he just doesn't get playing with other players. Of course, that'd be a lot easier a move to make if Hagelin wasn't the best option the team had to be the 1st line LW, but that goes back to the team's biggest obstacle to overcome.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote