Thread: Artem Anisimov
View Single Post
Old
02-01-2012, 05:29 PM
smoneil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
That was a pretty small sample size, and I don't know about you, but I couldn't imagine a scenario where Anisimov as the 1st line LW was going to last for the duration of the season. This roster has no long-term solutions for the top 6 LW spots, but people around here are complaining that the short-term solutions aren't working. Isn't that the point? Of course, Richards isn't going to score enough when his LW is a rookie 3rd liner, a veteran grinder, or a Dubinsky playing like absolute garbage. Anisimov is a third line center playing 1st line LW. Him not producing like a 1st line LW is not something that catches me particularly off-guard.

I'd just like to see a season where Anisimov is actually playing the role he's ideal for before people make value judgments regarding him.

I agree with all of this--Anisimov seems to have "Malhotra syndrome." We all thought he was going to be more than he is (and he still might--he's still very young). Instead of wanting to trade him, why not be happy with what we've got? A 40-point, inexpensive, defensively excellent third line center who, in a pinch, can fill in on the top 6.

IMO, the team is still missing two key pieces--1st line LW and 3rd line RW.

X Stepan Gaborik
Dubinsky Richards Callahan
Hagelin Anisimov X
Feds Boyle Rupp/Prust

Now if you can use Anisimov to get a clear 1st line LW, then you obviously have to do it, but there's no need to move him for the sake of moving him. If Lindberg or Miller eventually take that 3rd line C spot (something I think likely unless Anisimov learns how to win a faceoff), then they can think about moving AA, but until then? It's probably best to avoid moving him just to move him.

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote