View Single Post
Old
02-01-2012, 08:10 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
You can't bunch them together like that, it won't provide for objective analysis. If Anisimov was playing in the role he's ideal for, a scoring drought really wouldn't be much of an issue. Anisimov and Dubinsky are supposed to fill different roles for this team. One of the reasons the team can't do with Artie what is best for him is because of Dubinsky's disappointing play.

Dubinsky was supposed to be part of the solution to the team's LW problems. Anisimov was never that. All these other problems have been created because of how poorly Dubinsky has played this season.

Heading into this season, this team was still without a top line LW, but anticipated having a second line LW. What we've found is that the team has neither. I adore Carl Hagelin, but I'd much rather see him on the third line, with Anisimov, as 2/3s of a speedy, responsible shutdown line.

XXXX-Richards/Stepan-Gaborik
XXXX-Richards/Stepan-Callahan
Hagelin-Anisimov-Fedotenko
Rupp-Boyle-Prust

I think these players, and this lineup, is where the team needs to go. You can debate Fedotenko as the 3rd line RW, and I'd love to see Boyle replaced by a more useful 4th line center, but those are nitpicks. Anisimov is part of the solution, if he's used the right way. It's Dubinsky that needs to go. He's being paid like a second line winger, he's not playing like one. Consistency is a cornerstone of success. Dubinsky is a model of inconsistency. How long does he get to prove otherwise? This isn't his first rodeo.

One of those open LW slots will hopefully be Kreider's. Down the line, perhaps one will be Fasth's. But that one top line LW hole is going to be a problem for a while. I still hope the solution involves the movement of Dubinsky, as part of a package. We'll see.
Great post, Sting.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote