Thread: 1973-74 Rangers
View Single Post
Old
02-01-2012, 07:18 PM
Leetch66

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Started following hockey and the Rangers towards the end of the 71-72 season. As it happens the first game I listened to on the radio was a game against the California Golden Seals and it was the night that Jean Ratelle who was neck and neck with Phil Esposito (Bruins) broke his ankle in a collision I believe with the Seals forward Bill Hicke. Rangers completely destroyed the Seals that night. For the first several seasons the bulk of games I followed on the radio--Marv Albert and Sal Messina a better team by quite a distance than the television duo of Jim Gordon and Bill Chadwick.

BTW this is my 40th year as a Rangers fan.
Same for me ...and I also listened to the games on radio up here on PEI and the signal was quite weak and the dang French stations would always be cutting us out . Those were good times !

I always thought it was against the Leafs that JR busted his ankle ? Chances are I was mixed up with the Leetch injury ...as the JR injury was a long time ago .

It was a thrill for me when they drafted Bobby MacMillan a PEI boy as their top pick in 72-73 ? but he went to the WHA and the Rangers traded his rights away after .

Radio broadcasts always were well done by Marv and Sal...who was a good player way back when in the Minor leagues .

Leetch66 is online now   Reply With Quote