View Single Post
Old
02-01-2012, 09:20 PM
nik jr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
Are people satisfied with how a top pairing of Nicklas Lidstrom and Larry Murphy can handle power forwards by their domination of the Legion of Doom?

My division is kind of stacked with power forwards
lidstrom struggled more vs forsberg than anyone, so it is good you have both.

imo, softness around the net is lidstrom's main weakness. LOD were not really able to create anything, so it was not a problem. lidstrom is more defensive minded than offensive minded, so his partner should have some offensive ability.

DoMakc once said in ATD that the ideal partner for lidstrom is larry robinson, and i was thinking earl seibert. robinson would obviously be better, but you would need multiple 1st round picks to get him and lidstrom.

you could switch lidstrom's partner depending on matchups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
I did some research on Howe, but never really found much evidence for the style people seem to think he played. Not much on defense, physical play, or puck-winning. I look forward to seeing a good bio on him...
almost all the results in google's news archive are pay per view. much harder to find american papers than canadian.

windsor daily star should have some good information.

markrander already quoted something i posted about howe as "all-around best," but i know a check by howe put bill cowley in the hospital in '41 or '42.

nik jr is offline   Reply With Quote