View Single Post
Old
02-01-2012, 10:08 PM
nyrmessier011

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
I honestly don't know what the issue is here.

I think some of you are confusing lack of ability with a defensive minded hockey club. Tortorella has the team playing in a manner that maximizes each of our assets and abilities to its greatest potential. Literally, any other style of play and we are not in first place right now. And some of you have the gall to complain about the team???

It doesn't matter if we aren't top 5 in the NHL in offense. We are on pace to give up 160 goals this year, which would be the single stingiest defensive performance the NHL has seen since the lockout. Probably well before it but that is as far back as I looked. (Remember to not include goals added on for shootout losses)
There also hasn't been a cup winning team since the lockout to finish lower than 4th in the conference in goal scoring--we're in 8th now and plenty back of the top teams in the east. There's too much reliance on defense and goaltending and you can see at points in many games where we're on our heels entirely too much in our end relying on the above. We absolutely need some more offense and/or a better powerplay if we're really going to try and win the whole thing.

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote