View Single Post
Old
02-01-2012, 10:44 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 2403
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
Lol I've never seen anyone call him a prospect. And no one is expecting him to kick start anything. Just a solid AHL player who can be a callup in the future. No one deserves a shot more than him in Abby. Grasping at straws now buddy, your act is getting old.. Thanks for coming out though
Exactly, no one has used the term "prospect" in describing Kolanos. Lets call this what it is, the Flames basically gave the guy a tryout with an outside shot at a 2-way contract, and he earned it, good on him!

There is nothing desperate about this, no one in the Flames organization is claiming this guy is going to be the messiah. He is a depth guy for the Heat who has performed very well this season to date, and he is a guy that can be called up that may be able to provide some offence for a team that is lacking it.

I think the Lundmark comparasion is a good one, and I'd be more than happy with that. In Lundmark's last stint the Flames, he played an effective role when he was called up and provided a spark for the team. Eventually, after his play levelled off he was returned to the AHL. I expect Kolanos to have a similar role with the Flames and expect nothing more of him.

The kids have not been producing lately so the right call was made and they were returned to the Heat. I am sure they will be the next callups (as they should) when their offence gets going again.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote