View Single Post
Old
02-02-2012, 12:59 PM
Mike Liut

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
But it's not quite that simple. Just because they'd get along without him doesn't mean you want to take a 24 year old out of the lineup and replace him with a very good 18 year old (the first rounder) in development. There are other, better options than doing that, this is what I'm saying. Trade him for JJ, put him in a package for Parise/Ryan/Iginla because it's not like the Blues are in imminent danger of losing anybody in their core to free agency. Those type of players would help the Blues now.

Reading through the lines of Armstrong's recent interviews, I think his default is set to "we're gonna ride the forwards as they are now." However, I think he's more set on keeping Berglund than Stewart. He's well aware of where the incoming prospect talent plays (the wing), so if both McDonald and Steen can get back healthy and Stewart continues to frustrate, I wouldn't be shocked to see another move. I'd put Stewart's chances of being moved at 25%. Guesstimate. Higher than Berglund's number.

I would too

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote