Thread: News Article: Flames sign and recall Krys Kolanos
View Single Post
Old
02-02-2012, 01:07 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 67
Personally I like knowing I cheer for a classy organization that values what the players contributes to the organization, that values the role that players have in bringing in both business and image. The Flames let Conroy play to his 1000 games, gave Fleury an opportunity to recover his image, etc. The Flames haven't given RFA qualifying offers, gives players try-outs, and even trades players so they can have an opportunity to play if we don't have a spot for them. That's the kind of activity that gives proud fans a reason to continue to cheer for this team.

Not to compare Kolanos with Morrison, but Morrison was an "expiring" player that we took a chance on, and because it would be too burdensome on the organization to have him in the line-up, we traded him to give an opportunity to play. We did this without sacrificing the clubs "chances" of success, and in some regards, increased our success long-term. And I'm sure Morrison can respect this. Any player would respect this. We could probably do the same with Kolanos.

If guys like Morrison, Kotalik, Conroy, etc., voice their feelings about our organization, we are more likely to be on the list of places players are willing to be traded to. We're more likely to sign UFA's, and more likely to get discounts on signings. In this business, nice guys don't finish last IMO. But maybe I'm not pessamistic.

Last edited by MarkGio: 02-02-2012 at 01:37 PM.
MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote