View Single Post
Old
02-02-2012, 01:09 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 500
I'm a bit divided about Markov... If he comes back and plays great it could give a boost to the team and have us finish like 20th. On the other end its better for next year if he plays a bit this year, he'll be less rusty and we'll be able to see how effective he is/can be and plan consequently this summer.

Solution? Bring Markov when he is absolutely certain to be 100%, have Blunden play on the first line with Budaj in goal and Darche on the PP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind_the_gap View Post
Markov staked for 30 min today apparently.
Good, because he would have to play 30 minutes per game to save this team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by price131
Your postdoesn't really get to the issue. You said the Habs are a 100 point team with Markov, as in the current team, which is why I said no. First of all, this team is worse than any of the teams you listed, second, we must factor that Markov is older and more fragile.

Basically, for Markov to make this team a 100 point team he would need to be worth 11+ wins over the course of a season.
100 points is a lot for this team even with Markov but I'm sure we'd be a playoff team at least. If we had a powerplay we'd have a lot more wins, and its possible Markov alone would have made it work. Has he ever been quarterback of a powerplay that wasn't top5 in the NHL? He also makes the forwards look better and is a beast at even strenght. He's also quite good in the shootout, so theres a few more wins LOL